Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Today I...

Today I...

1. Saw the skeleton of a 100,000 year old man...

2. Wrote what I was thankful for.

3. Danced.

4. Went to the Pita Factory and got free hot pita. 

5. Thought about studying for my New Testament midterm...

Yesterday I...

1. Hung out in a cloister and stood at the "center of the world."

2. Heard all about miracles and stood in a possible site of the Upper Room.

3. Found an amazing ice cream shop and a not-so-amazing falafel restaurant...

4. Talked to Aim on the phone. :)

5. Finally found falafel chips. My favorite...

The Day Before That I...

1. Was introduced to the Shuk, an outdoor market in West Jerusalem that is seriously fantastic.

2. Hung out at the Dome of the Rock.

3. Watched a Bar Mitzvah.

4. Considered buying a mini pineapple for 28 shekels...yes, that's about 8 dollars...

5. Ran out of space on my computer....

The Day Before That I...

1. Walked on the same stairs Christ would have walked on as He entered and left the temple mount.

2. Hit my head on the Dead Sea Scrolls display glass.
3. Watched a friend pass out.

4. Took a crazy taxi ride that made me fear for my life and loved it.
(Oh wait...every taxi ride here is like that.)

5. Stood in a house that a Levite family was living in when the Romans destroyed the city.

The Day Before That I...

1. Went to District Conference with people from all over Israel.

2. Saw my dentist.

3. Missed my mama...

4. Went to bed early!

5. Looked over this view:


I wonder what will happen tomorrow. :)

This last week has been amazing. We've hardly had any class/homework. We've spent so much time in the city! Yesterday I was out for 13 hours. Thank goodness for Chacos and very large water bottles. We leave for Galilee on Sunday, which will be a blast! We'll be gone for 11 days, so it'll be kind of crazy and I probably won't be able to post for awhile...not like I post that much anyway. Anywho, I love you all. Have a wonderful day. :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally hit my head on that same glass with the Dead Sea Scrolls!! And like 30 seconds before I thought to myself: 'How stupid could you get to hit your head on that glass that is obviously there..?' And then BONK! It was actually pretty hilarious Galilee is amazing- I hope you get to spend more time there than we did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun meg! we love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete