Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Not-So-Little Little Bro.


Just a quick tribute to this little guy. Can you believe you're all grown up and gettin' called on a mission? I feel like it was just yesterday you were running around the living room yelling "Muuuscles!" and dancing around with your chicken legs. I can't believe you're leaving only 12 days after I get home. But that gives me 12 whole days to beat you in ping-pong. Who is going to watch "Sandlot" and "Space Jam" and "Mystery Science Theater" with me? Who is going to understand every single one of my movie quotes? Who's going to make fun of people at the Sunday dinner table with me? Oh well, I guess the people of Sweden need you more than I do. :) I love you little bro and I am SO excited for you! You are going to be an amazing missionary. :)




P.S. Sorry 'bout the slobber on your forehead....
 

Today was amazing. After waking up at 5 AM to hear AJ open his call, I studied for my OT final. (PS, it was so much fun to talk to everyone! It made me realize how much I miss you all.) Then! Brindy, Kim, Jenna, Sister Muhlestein, and I ran in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure! Oh my land, it was so much fun! Who ever thought I'd have the chance to run a race in Israel? Past the Old City wall...with tons of locals-it was a big deal. It was seriously a blast. It was only a 3.8K...so not far at all and it went by way fast, but I haven't run since the summer! So I was excited. It was kind of a random, spur of the moment thing...and we all gave up a couple of studying hours right before our test, but it was nice to clear our minds of all names of the kings of Israel and Judah for a little bit. We ended near Jaffa Gate on the far side of the Old City. Then, we had to walk/jog home to make it in time for the test. We got back half hour before it started-it feels good to be done!!!

 

One paper and one midterm down, two papers and four midterms to go! We are taking most of our finals before next Wednesday, so then we will only have New Testament and our main history class left, which will be so nice! But I'm definitely going to miss Hebrew....and Old Testament-I really have come to love it. And I'm going to miss Brother Judd :( but I am so excited to start studying the New Testament!

Later, a group of us went to West Jerusalem! Lots of eating different desserts, shopping in the little shops, dancing/listening to the street musicians, and enjoying each others' company. I love West Jerusalem at night! A couple of us started talking to this older Jewish couple-they have a house here and a house in New Jersey-they were so cool! I just love finding people to meet and talk to-they were so interested in our lives and had heard about our religion. Obviously, we couldn't tell them much about it, which is hard when people ask, but they kept complimenting us on being "really good, clean kids" haha, which was really fun to hear. They were so awesome. I love the people here. :) On our taxi ride home, the driver pulled down a TV screen and turned on MTV...Akon music videos. Then he turned the main lights off and turned these colorful, flashing lights on haha it was hilarious. Oh man, everyday I am surprised by something new.



Posted by Picasa

Anywho, bedtime! Actually study time...then bedtime. Sorry I've been slackin' this week-it's been pretty crazy! Next week things will calm down a bit I think...I'll try to get on top of things. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment