Wednesday, October 20, 2010

L'chayim :)

I had an awesome talk with my aunt last night on the phone. Every talk with Jamie is amazing, well worth precious phone card minutes. :) I talked to her about things I have been kind of stressed about...things I have going on right now and stressful things I have coming up in the future. She told me a really cool quote:

Yesterday is a dream, tomorrow but a vision. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore to this day.

This made me really happy. This is something I have thought a lot about as I've been here, but I really needed to hear it again last night. Sometimes I get wrapped up in things that have happened in the past or things that scare me about the future, but I need to remember that I am having one of the most amazing experiences of my life. One night, as we were eating dinner on the porch overlooking the city, Dr. Chadwick told us, "In a few months, you will be willing to pay $100 just to come back and eat one meal here." I really need to soak in every minute of this, whether its spent having a blast with people I love in the Center, visiting ancient sites, or writing my 10-page single-spaced Islam midterm...okay, maybe I don't have to love every minute of that...:) I need to learn from the past and have faith that Heavenly Father will take care of me in the future. I feel like I talk about this a lot, but there really are so many moments when reality hits me. Like tonight...we were walking home from a great afternoon in the Old City, (any afternoon in the Old City is a great one), and i looked over and saw the famous wall around the City. I feel like I walk past it so much now, it doesn't even phase me, but this is where my Savior was. I may never have another opportunity like this. I am so incredibly blessed to be spending so much time here. So, here's to living and loving every minute of every day! As Tevye (and the best Hebrew teacher in the whole world, Judy Goldman) would say, "L'chayim, l'chayim, to life!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment