Monday, October 4, 2010

Conference, Luau, and the SHEPHELAH!

Hope you like my name update. I thought it was genius. Hahaha jk. K, weird. There are 4 Megans here and the other day, I found out that one of them has the same middle name as me! Megan Elise. So now we are the Megan Elise/Ellices. These last few days have been absolutely amazing. I love love LOVE conference. We watched the first session 'live' at 6 PM on Saturday. We watched the afternoon session at 10 AM on Sunday. We'll watch the other two next Saturday during our normal church time with the rest of the branch.

Yesterday, we had a birthday party for Tashara! Her dad is one of the teachers. It was a luau! Complete with hula/haka lessons from the kids, "Waka Waka" dancing, and LIMBO!

This has to be one of my favorite pictures. Alexia is my bud, and I jokingly asked her if she could give me a piggy back ride. She said yes and she wasn't kidding! My feet are completely off the floor. You can tell that I was a little bit nervous haha! Love this picture. :) These kids are hilarious!

Today, we had a field trip. So awesome! We were out for 10 1/2 hours visiting a bunch of fortresses in the Shephelah, the hill country in the middle of Israel. It was a looong day, but it was way cool. Lots of 'tells,' we're getting used to those. It was really neat to visit all the excavation sites and learn about the cities and their various purposes throughout history. We got to visit the valley of the David and Goliath battle, complete with slingshots. I'll post pics and tell you more about it later. This week is gonna be rough....2 midterms and a big paper....but it will be good! Well, I better start studying. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment